Addiction Treatment As An Outpatient
An outpatient rehab centre is very helpful for people who are not deeply addicted to substance and are willing to quit the habit. They provide for access to family and work, while going through treatment.
For serious addiction to heavy substances like heroin or oxycodone, it is recommended that one takes the inpatient treatment option so that the detoxification and withdrawal effects are monitored.
Outpatient rehab program can successfully treat a mild substance abuse problem caught in the early phases.
An ideal treatment option for people who are motivated to stop using their substance of choice is an outpatient rehab centre but it requires the flexibility of a program that will work around their schedules.
Defining Non Residential Rehabilitation
An outpatient recovery program offers medication and alcohol treatment sessions that can be booked amid different times consistently.
This schedule requires patients to check into treatment at their allotted times for counselling and medication and also allow them to continue with their regular responsibilities and continue living at home.
Outpatient programs offer an array of services, come in a variety of formats and differing levels of intensity - but counselling, education and providing a network of support are generally the main focus.
An outpatient treatment program may benefit individuals who have a committed, disciplined approach will succeed in recovery.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Outpatient Rehabilitation Options
The substance abused or the individual's severity of addiction and stage of recovery are the things that different types of rehab are based on.
There are three main types of outpatient treatment programs
- 24 Hour Treatments
- Within an outpatient setting, outpatient day programmes have the highest level of care and structure provided.
- For 5 to 7 days every week, the patient will be required to attend sessions at the treatment facility and these sessions usually last several hours.
- Throughout this time, patients will take part in continuous therapy, group counselling, biofeedback and other related therapies like art or music therapy.
- After the conclusion of the sessions, the patients are free to return to their dwelling which may be a sober living home or to their loved ones.
- Day programs require an extensive time duty, which can confine an individual's accessibility to work or go to class until the program is done.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program come up with treatment schedule with set, measurable achievements in place to monitor progress.
- As these points of reference are met, the time duty required every week diminishes.
- People who still want to be able to participate in work or school but are serious about quitting alcohol or drugs can really benefit from IOPs.
- An IOP may require various sessions for a couple of hours every week to lead advising sessions, group treatment, backslide counteractive action advice and participation in a 12-stage or comparative recuperation care group.
- Continuing Care
- For the individual's dedication to sobriety to be reinforced, they need to participate in ongoing care groups that form a network of support and encouragement, like Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous.
- The groups are usually conducted by a licensed therapist and meet once a week.
- Some continuing care groups might be gender orientated or age-specific and others may concentrate on a specific part of recuperation.
Advantages Of Non Residential Rehab
Non-residential plans are more suitable for people who have a mild to moderate dependency. This is because when non-residential treatment is compared to residential treatment, it is less intense.
Should you or someone you care for require assistance in choosing what type of treatment option is best for them, get in touch with us now on 0800 772 3971.
Some major reasons to choose outpatient rehab include
- Outpatient drug treatment is more affordable than residential treatment since the patient will not have to cover the cost of staying at the rehabilitation centre.
- You can attend treatment around your schedule if you choose outpatient treatment.
- For those who feel like they can't leave their job or family for an extended period of time, this is beneficial for them.
- Being with your family
- Family involvement and support is emphasized, as loved ones can help encourage you to stay on the path to sobriety throughout the outpatient rehab program.
Decide Upon A Rehab That Fulfils Your Requirements
The choice of which sort of treatment program would be best for an individual is regularly a troublesome one to make. Be it the outpatient rehab treatment or any other type of treatment, it is essential to take the initial step towards recovery.