Defining Motivational Enhancement Therapy
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) offer to the addicts the tools they need to defeat their addictions in a process of four meetings, putting the attention and effort on an inner motivated change.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) is an intercession and guiding methodology particularly intended to bring out inside spurred change. MET works well when it is combined with other types of counselling for individuals who are addicted such as the 12 step treatment method. MET is made up of four focused rehabilitation periods following the first evaluation. Every session is personalised for the requirements of the particular individual. Initial meetings concentrate on assessing details from the first evaluation and determining aims for the time to come. Later sessions furnish the patient with point of view and uplifting feedback for remaining calm.
MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy operates through aiding dependent individuals know how to alter their individual conducts and ideas.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy For Treatment Of Dependencies
Once somebody gets into a substance rehabilitation facility, they are assessed to know their rehabilitation necessities. Doctors normally screen a patient's imperative signs and the body's progressions amid withdrawal from the medication.
MET advisors then work with patients to change their considerations and practices identified with medication utilize.
MET is also helpful in treating co-occurring mental disorders. Because drug use can result in the brain chemistry being altered, it is very common to find other mental health problems in people with addictions. Motivational Enhancement Therapy could aid in curing dependency and a coexisting condition simultaneously to put a stop to later setback.
Some co-occurring Conditions, Which Can Be Treated By MET Include
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Other Treatments With Met
MET often is used as part of a comprehensive addiction treatment program along with several other types of behavioural therapies. These include the 12-step program and cognitive-behavioural therapy [CBT]. These treatments utilizes particular procedures to guide patients through behavioural change. For instance, CBT concentrates basically on showing patients adapting procedures for stress, while 12-stage programs diagram particular strides to help addicts get and remain calm.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Met Therapy
There are five basic components of MET that patients and specialists will work through.
The methods used in MET have been seen to make recovering drug users want to change their habits.
- Developing And Expressing Empathy
- Individuals are urged to understand and create compassion to know how their acts influence other people.
- Empathy can provide the motivation needed to make someone change.
- The relationship between the addict and the therapist will improve thanks to empathy.
- Accepting that there are differences between what they think and what is real.
- Individuals usually have some reluctance to rehabilitation, and should accept the truth that there is a space between the point where they believe they are and where they really are.
- The recognition of this can be an eye-opener and can also assist in eliciting feelings of self-motivation to bring about a change.
- Avoiding Arguments
- Therapist's generally make an effort not to argue with their patients about the severity of their drug or alcohol abuse.
- Individuals are urged to hold a favourable reaction and view on Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Accepting resistance is just a part during the process.
- MET helps dependent individuals work through their imperviousness to dependence treatment.
- Therapists help the patients to come to terms with the real effect of their addiction on their personal lives and that of others by trying to relate to them at a personal level.
- Supporting The Self-Efficacy Of A Recovering Addict
- It is important for the recovering user to believe that they have what it takes to meet their own objectives.
- MET educates individuals that they own the potential to defeat dependency and to make an effort towards their aims in life.
- Positive thoughts and behaviours are encouraged by the therapists within the patients to reinforce the concept of self-efficacy.
Acquire Assistance With A Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
If you are suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction, or you are aware about someone you love being addicted you can rest assured that we can help. Mental health counselling is essential during the treatment of an addiction, and this is a factor which has been realised by many inpatient and outpatient drug rehabs. Finding the motivation to get sober and even more importantly to stay sober can be critical for long-term recovery. We are here to aid you, contact us on 0800 772 3971.