Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The body, spirit and mind are also comprehensively used in this technique to help cure an addition.
Facilities that use holistic therapy apply to exercise, meditation, and nutrition in their treatment regime.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Religious approach
- Physical exercise
- Good nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Therapy using Art
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Make the use of drugs and alcohol less attractive to the user
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- Active recreations in centres may be different , but many of them include canoeing, mountaineering, horse riding and walking.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- To help the recovering users gain clearer minds, yoga and tai chi may also be provided to help improve meditation.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
The best holistic therapy plans are based on established approaches to addiction healing. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Holistic therapy may be used at the same time as
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- Medical attention
- Counselling sessions
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Contact us on 0800 772 3971 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.