Defining Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. To approach to the treatment in a different way, many choose the experimental therapy.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting Places in which they can express through other media like music or other types of art, outdoors places, are the kind of environments the experimential therapy uses.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Regular experimential therapy activities
- Rock climbing
- Rope courses
- Music therapy
- Adventure based therapy
- Game therapy
- Adventure therapy
The design of experimential therapy is such that it helps addicts going through the phase of recovery to develop a stronger sense of belief among themselves to come to terms with buried emotions and traumas from the past. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Dependency With Experimential Therapy
Addicts may need real challenges to defeat their issues, and that is what activities like climbing give them through the use of their whole physical strength. Exploratory treatment could educate recuperating users on how to manage daily pressures such as urges as well as addiction provocations.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Experimential Therapy And Methods
Throughout the stretch of an exploratory treatment, counsellors lead recuperating users via various therapeutic activities , custom made to their particular therapeutic necessities.
Recuperating users could be less cautious throughout exploratory treatments, permitting for better precise user assessments for counsellors and psychological recovering for abusers.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Intense sadness
- Anxiety attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Combining Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
This is done to offer the addict a complete treatment and prevent further setbacks.
Experimential Therapy Usually Includes
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- Patients won't ride steeds, yet they will prep, nourish, bridle and walk them all through the session.
- The different methods used by recovering addicts when interacting with the horses can provide insights about their mental and emotional states.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- EMDR is a treatment where patients envision a traumatic occasion while a specialist drives them through particular eye developments.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- This therapy comprises of outside exercises, for example, climbing, outdoors, biking, shake climbing or white-water rafting.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Artistic Therapy
- This is where patients use art and/or music to express themselves.
- When getting involved in artful activities patients can work through negative emotions, which can be stressful and learn to process them healthily.
Get Treatment For Your Addiction Today
Call us to secure you a dependency rehabilitation scheme if you are experiencing issues with drug addiction. Other substance rehabilitation facilities are experts in exploratory treatments, having mountain climbing walls, workshops, as well as obstacle courses within their areas. Rehabilitation facilities throughout the nation hold professional and restorative supplies you require to defeat substance dependency call us on 0800 772 3971.