FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. Here are solutions to a considerable lot of the inquiries you may have about the addiction rehabilitation process.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Happens In Rehab?
A recovery programme is customised to meet the requirements of each patient. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detox Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. Amid detox, the body frees itself of the harmful impacts of drugs or liquor. As much as there are differences in the detox programme based on the nature and severity of addiction, most of the withdrawal symptoms are actually discomforting and could be lethal too. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
It has been proven that patients who take a minimum of three months during rehabilitation have a higher success rate at kicking the habit than those who take less. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
Though there's not a cure for dependency, it can be dealt with successfully. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. Outpatient treatment programs differ in their offerings including exceedingly organized, serious outpatient programs, weekly gathering and individual counselling sessions and free care group gatherings.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- Amenities provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of Programme - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. Amid your admission session, an instructor will talk about the measure of time suggested in treatment for your absolute best at long haul recuperation.
- Geographical Area - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Type of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. Dependency can be expensive because of
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal penalty fees
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Poor health, overall sadness and damaged relationships are some other "costs" that is associated with addiction
Is Insurance Accepted?
Protection is frequently acknowledged at medication recovery programs. Though, whether insurance will be welcomed will differ according to the specific centre. Your insurance plan may cover just a bit of your restoration stay, so it's vital to check your insurance plan before selecting in a drug recovery program.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Is It Better To Get Treatment Close To Home Or Far Away?
Several people looking for rehabilitation go to a rehabilitation centre that's located away from the place they call home. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
In the event that you pick outpatient treatment, you may wish to select an office nearer to home so you don't need to go far every day. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
There is a difference between outpatient and inpatient facilities - including how intense the treatment is, the costs, support system offered during healing, and the entire environment.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Services offered at rehab centres include group or personal counselling, treatment with prescription drugs, and alternative therapy that include yoga, meditation, animal assisted therapy and outdoor exercises.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient programmes can differ. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
Contact us at 0800 772 3971 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While you are covered by many state laws to seek for treatment for addiction, it is also legal for your boss to sack you because of substance abuse. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. But, this process could be simplified through numerous options. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programmes The voluntary programme that offers free treatment recommendations, limited counselling, and confidential assessments from your boss is termed An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Leave With Pay Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Treatment For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
Luxury Treatment - What Is It?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They're usually in secluded areas with maximum privacy. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 772 3971 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.