Morphine is a powerful drug, however, Fentanyl is a stronger pain reliever that is about 100 times more powerful than Morphine. Post-surgery is a painful experienced, as well as, cancer treatment to relieve this intense pain Fentanyl is used. The patients who have already built a tolerance to other pain medications are prescribed Fentanyl that is an extremely potent opioid. Fentanyl has a high potential for addiction due to its potency. Taking overdose of the drug may be needed to have the same initial euphoric feeling for those who are addicted to Fentanyl.
Deal with your Fentanyl addiction now 0800 772 3971.
Fentanyl is available in a range of preparations to meet the needs of the clients.
Some popular brand names and preparations are
- Actiq - The form of Fentanyl which is available as lozenge placed on a plastic stick taken under tongue just as is the case for a lollipop.
- It is normally used on patients who are on pain relieving medications along with being utilized in some military applications.
- Duragesic - This Fentanyl patch was first introduced in the 1990's.
- The impact of this drug can be felt for 3 days and is recommended for use to deal with minor pain.
- Sublimaze - Usually given in hospitals at times coupled with analgesics, it is the injectable preparation of Fentanyl.
- Used to handle pain before and after surgery.
- Subsys - These are used under the tongue to combat and kill pain immediately.
- It's meant for the treatment of breakthrough pain from cancer.
- Abstral - Abstral is the quick-dissolvable tablet version of Fentanyl and is placed under the tongue for immediate relief and also used for opioid-tolerant patients with breakthrough cancer pain.
- Lazanda - This is another drug that is used the same as common drugs used to treat nasal congestion and is a version of Lazanda.
- It is predominantly consumed to treat the pain in cancer patients.
Fentanyl blocks the pain receptors in the brain and enhances the production of the happiness-inducing chemical, dopamine. The Fentanyl street names include China girl, apache, China White, dance fever, crush and TNT.
In case you or someone you care about is abusing Fentanyl, get help today.
Fentanyl Misuse And Effects
Just as is the case for other OPRs, this drug has a high potential of addiction and abuse even if it is a prescription.
Fentanyl epidemic could develop because of the substance's immense potency and addictive potential, this has been cautioned by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
An intense euphoria and sense of relaxation similar to a heroin "high" are experienced by those ingesting Fentanyl at unprescribed levels.
Some of the key outward symptoms of Fentanyl abuse are
- Laboured breathing
- Blurred sight
- Nausea and throwing up
People whose bodies react to pain relievers will find addiction to Fentanyl to be more likely. The risk of an overdose is increased when an abuser without a tolerance abuses it.
The respiratory system can fail due to abuse of Fentanyl and can therefore lead up to fatal overdose.
The combination of Fentanyl with illegal narcotics like heroin or stimulants like Cocaine amplify the damaging side effects of this drug. It doesn't matter if Fentanyl was prescribed or taken recreationally, this drug is volatile and it considered to be a lethal drug.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Signs Of A Fentanyl Dependency
Central nervous system is affected to a significant degree through Fentanyl, causing a huge amount of dopamine to flood and chemically change the brain over time. Someone who has been prescribed Fentanyl might turn to illegal methods of getting the drug after finishing their prescribed amount and become dependent on it due to it neurochemical changes.
OPRs that include Fentanyl could rapidly move from being trivial drugs of abuse to one having a profound addiction.
Given that a number of patients don't accept the fact that Fentanyl is quite addictive, the chances of accidental and intentional abuse are heightened. Problematic behaviour like building a habit or suffering withdrawal symptoms is completely understood by the healthcare professionals therefore they are able to quickly and efficiently able to make diagnostics.
Find out more about a Fentanyl addiction
Fentanyl Addiction And Treatment For It
It is unpleasant for those who want to overcome the addiction by doing it all by themselves, despite the fact that the process does not pose any threat to people's lives it still is not a good idea. Those who are addicted to it mostly have developed physical dependence to it and they could end up having a withdrawal. There exists specialized treatment centres which usually offer inpatient as well as outpatient resources to aid the addicts to quit using Fentanyl.
Fentanyl withdrawal might vary in the nature of its severity based on the levels of use as well as the preferred form of the drug, this ranges from intense chills, sweating and restlessness.
Though the Fentanyl withdrawal is rarely lethal, chances of a relapse are quite high. Medical supervision at the time of a detox could simplify the cleansing process and reduce the chances of a relapse.
Call Us To Break The Addiction
The result of a Fentanyl addiction can be dangerous, but despite the hurdles, winning is possible. If you need someone to talk to, there are groups of people who are ready to listen to you. Deal with your Fentanyl addiction now.